Housing Advice Services can help you by providing advice and assistance on all aspects of housing. We are available by telephone from 9am to 5pm daily or you may wish to drop in to the Housing Options Centre to speak a Triage Enquiry Officer, who may make you an appointment to go through your housing options.
We can give you advice and assistance on a variety of housing issues including:
- Renting accommodation from Private Landlords and Registered Providers within the Social Rented Sector
- Housing Benefits - advice on entitlement and assistance with queries
- Relationship Breakdown - housing options
- Advice to all tenants and Private Landlords in relation to Security of Tenure, Rights and Obligations, Rent, Harassment, Threat of Eviction, Repairs, Legal Procedure for seeking Possession
- Homelessness / Homeless Prevention - advice on your rights and different housing options. Homeless interventions to help prevent you from losing your home.
- Referral to certain temporary accommodation schemes
- Bolton Bond Board Scheme - A non-cash Deposit Guarantee scheme to help people who are homeless and on a low income or benefits, to secure private rented accommodation
Current Service Operating Times
Due to the growing demand on the Housing Advice Service we have decided to review the way in which we offer our service to customers.
With this in mind we currently operate an appointment only service. You can still receive advice and assistance from our Triage Enquiry Team at the Housing Options Centre or request an urgent appointment to see a Housing Advisor at the earliest opportunity.
The Home Ownership section ARE NOT available on a Wednesday either in person or by phone
1 Silverwell Lane
Service Operating Times:
Appointments to see an Advisor are available on request via the Housing Options Centre Reception.
Housing Options Centre is open as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 10am - 4.30pm
Friday: 10am - 4pm
Closed for lunch 12.30 - 1.30pm